RULES OF CONDUCT
Entering the Convention area of WichiCon at Riverfest serves as legal consent and
acknowledgment of the rules of conduct. Breaking any of the rules of conduct may/will result in
the removal from WichiCon convention area without refund of WichiCon Events. Removal from the
Convention area is at the discretion of Staff (Century II, Riverfest and WichiCon).
- Please treat the Building, Volunteers, Staff and other Patrons with
- No one may engage in any activities that are prohibited by
- Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not bring any animals onto the
premises, with the exception of licensed ADA Working Animals.
- Everyone is required to wear their Riverfest button while attending
or entering WichiCon at Riverfest.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No sleeping is allowed in any Convention Area, at any time.
- The building is non-smoking per city ordinance. If you wish to smoke, go
outside the building and away from the entrances.
- Usage or possession of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden —
This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Harassment of any type is forbidden — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE
- Respect patrons that come dressed in costume (cosplay) for your safety
and theirs. Do not touch or grab any part of their costume or weapons (if any) without the
costume wearers permission.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues
and conference-related social events. Failure to do so will result in removal from
- WichiCon at Riverfest is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable
experience. We will not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not
limited to harassment because of age, disability, marital status, race or color, national
origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Harassment of any kind,
including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome
physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
- Anyone who feels their experience is being compromised due to unacceptable
or questionable behavior is encouraged to speak with Staff immediately. Locate the nearest
Volunteer and ask to be directed to a Staff member either at registration or the Event
Merchandise Booth. Personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media is not
- Any threatening behavior with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse,
torment or embarrass another is unacceptable and grounds for removal from WichiCon. If
unacceptable behavior continues after being escorted out local authorities may be
- WichiCon at Riverfest is not responsible for solving any interpersonal
problems that may arise. We can take no action to prevent a person from attending the
convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention
itself or if another individual can produce a legal restraining order.
WEAPONS (LIVE & COSPLAY) POLICY
- LIVE weapons are defined as a weapon that can be used to fire live rounds
(bullets). NON-LIVE weapons are defined as a weapon that does not fire live rounds and consist
primarily of plastic and/or foam.
- Any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed into the WichiCon convention area
— This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit (concealed or otherwise); Please
leave your pistols at home.
- If your NON-LIVE weapon has the ability to fire projectiles, you must make
sure the chamber and/or cartridge is empty of any object that can be used as a projectile for
- If your weapon is edged, blunted or spiked please make sure the weapon is
peace-tied (bound) prior to entering and through the duration of your visit to WichiCon at
- In the case of LIVE weapons like bows or crossbows, they are only acceptable
as long as the weapon is empty of projectiles and peace-tied (bound) so the weapon is unable to
shoot. Arrows and bolts should also be foam tipped. If your edged weapon is fashioned as a glove
or anyting else that is not traditional, please keep the blades convered and/or carried in such
a way that the other patrons are unable to be harmed.
- If Staff decides that a weapon is too dangerous, you will be asked to return
the item to your room/car/storage.
- No swinging, play fighting (unarmed included) or throwing of
- If you should leave the WichiCon convention floor and travel to other parts
of Riverfest to enjoy those activities, you will have to return the weapon to your room, car or
storage. Storage lockers are available for rent at the Riverfest footprint gateways in order to
store your weapons.
- Please keep in mind that sometimes other patrons will grab cosplay outfits
and weapons. If another patron can be or is harmed by such an action, then you did not properly
secure your weapon.
RIVERFEST BUTTONS & EVENT BANDS
- All Riverfest buttons and Event bands must be displayed visibly at all times
within the Convention areas.
- WichiCon at Riverfest, Volunteers or Staff are not liable for any lost
Riverfest buttons or Event bands.
- Riverfest buttons are required to enter and attend WichiCon — no
- Anyone caught "borrowing" an Event band will have their band removed,
as will the person who "loaned" you their band without refund to either. Borrowing or
loaning Event bands is considered STEALING — Let's all support the convention the
correct way and enjoy it together. All Event bands are the property of WichiCon and must be
relinquished to WichiCon upon request. WichiCon reserves the right to refuse admission, to
refuse service and/or to cancel/revoke your Event band at WichiCon's discretion.
- By attending WichiCon at Riverfest or any part of WichiCon produced events,
you agree to allow WichiCon at Riverfest, and its producer WichiCon, its agents, affiliates,
licensors, licensees or assignees, the right to use your image and/or likeness by media now
known or hereafter devised for advertising and/or other promotional purposes. You also agree
not to take pictures or videos where posted or announced as prohibited and agree that any
permitted photos or videos will not be used for any commercial purposes and will not be made
publicly available or generally displayed without the prior written consent of
- All lost, misplaced, stolen, forgotten or confiscated Event bands —
paid or complimentary — will require the purchase of a new Event band.
PROGRAMMING RULES & GUIDELINES
- Seating in the panel area is "first come, first serve". If there
is not enough seating, you may stand and watch the panel. However, please do not block the flow
of traffic for safety in case of emergency.
- Popular panels will require that all vacant seats are filled. Do not leave
gaps in between seats; save seats; or put personal belongings in the seat next to
- Recordings, video footage and pictures are at the panelists' discretion.
Some panels may prohibit recordings and pictures. Please be mindful and respectful when attending
a panel where these rules might apply.
- Cell phones must be set to vibrate or silent when attending a panel as not to
disturb the panel. If you must take a call, we ask that you leave the area. Remember to be
courteous to those around you.
- Please discard trash in the proper receptacle and not on the floor or seat
next to you.
- Guest or panel cancellations occasionally occur. These are usually situations
outside of the convention's control. Keep in mind that all listed panels, workshops, events
and Q&A are subject to change.
- All vendor spaces are pre-arranged. Vendors may request a specific space
providing the availability of that space. The space requested or provided is not guaranteed and
can be changed as needed at any point.
- All spaces are on a first come first serve basis. If you make a payment and
are denied space for any reason, upon return of that payment to the exhibitor (if any), neither
party will have any further rights, obligations or liabilities with each other. WichiCon, Show
Manager(s), Wichita Festivals Inc reserves the right to refuse service or product display to any
exhibitor without recourse from said exhibitor.
- No assignment or subletting of space and/or tables other than by WichiCon
staff. Exhibitor shall have no right to assign their interest in this Lease or to sublet all or
any portion of the space or tables for any period.
- Exhibitor load in times prior to the show and load out times at the conclusion
of the show will be determined as Riverfest Events are planned and coordinated. These times will
be provided to each exhibitor that has completed the contract agreement when Wichita Festivals
has informed WichiCon of those times. If any exhibitors are not able to comply with the load in
or load out times, the exhibitor may be subject to forfeiting their space and tables for the
duration of WichiCon without refund at the discretion of the show manager(s).
- Exhibitor must comply with all local, state and federal laws with collection
of sales tax. Exhibitor is solely responsible for the collection and reporting of their own
sales tax to the proper local, state and federal agencies.
- Exhibitors shall keep all aisles clear and free from debris. Exhibitors
shall not use aisle space to display items. Exhibitors shall keep all emergency exits clear.
Exhibitors are responsible for cleanup and trash in their areas.
- The building is non-smoking per city ordinance. If you wish to smoke, go
outside the building.
- No sales of drug paraphernalia, pornography or bootleg merchandise. Show
manager(s) reserve the right to be the sole judge as to the suitability of any exhibitor’s
merchandise without liability to WichiCon or themselves. The sale of certain weapons for cosplay
is permitted. Please see the WichiCon website section under rules called "WEAPONS (LIVE
& COSPLAY) POLICY" for more details.
- WichiCon, show manager(s), show staff, Wichita Festivals Inc or any of its
officers or staff will not be held liable for theft, personal injury, property damage, lawsuits
or other claims, which may occur on or about the premises. Exhibitor shall waive any claim of
theft, injury, damage to property or personnel, lawsuits or other claims and WichiCon, show
manager(s), show staff, Wichita Festivals Inc or any of its officers or staff are held harmless
and shall indemnify them against all liability or expenses arising from any claim of injury or
damage to any person or property with all costs in connection with the defense thereto
including attorney’s fees. WichiCon, show manager(s), WichiCon staff and volunteers, Wichita
Festivals Inc is not responsible for bootleg or unlicensed products.
- No refunds will be given due to weather, exhibitor’s cancellation or absence,
the exhibitor being asked to leave, lack of sales during WichiCon show dates or disagreement of
exhibitor placement on the show floor. If something prevents WichiCon from operating during the
assigned dates, the show manager(s) will postpone WichiCon and reschedule the convention dates.
Every vendor will be contacted as soon as possible, if such an event arises.
- If for any reason WichiCon is cancelled and another show date is not presented,
this contract will be voided and neither party will have any further rights, obligations or
liabilities with each other and all monies will be refunded.
- Let the members of WichiCon know if you require electricity as soon as possible.
There is a separate form to fill out and an additional fee charged by the Bob Brown Expo Hall at
Century II. If you wait until the week before WichiCon to let us know, you may not be able to
receive electricity and/or the cost will increase.